From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal: patches.gentoo.org
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 19:28:10
1 On 10/12/04 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2
3 > The developer would use this temporary location as follows:
4 >
5 > 1. developer creates an ebuild which needs a patch
6 > 2. developer puts SRC_URI="patches.gentoo.org/${P}-$patchname" in the
7 > ebuild, at the end of the SRC_URI definition
8
9 make that
10 SRC_URI="mirror://gentoo/patchname http://patches.gentoo.org/patchname"
11 ($GENTOO_MIRRORS can be empty)
12
13 > 3. developer uploads patch to dev.gentoo.org:/space/patches-local and
14 > dev.gentoo.org:/space/distfiles-local
15
16 I don't see a reason to separate patches from distfiles.
17
18 > 4. developer commits ebuild(s) to cvs
19 >
20 > The patch would replicate to the rsync boxes and would be available
21 > via http immediately.
22 >
23 > Remember that portage tries the Gentoo mirrors in ${GENTOO_MIRRORS}
24 > before checking SRC_URI, so once the files hit the community mirrors,
25 > the temporary location in SRC_URI would no longer be used.
26
27 As I said: $GENTOO_MIRRORS can be empty so you also need the
28 mirror://gentoo part ($GENTOO_MIRRORS will still be checked first).
29
30 Marius