From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Proposal: Social Contract change & What is "Gentoo" ?
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 14:20:30
1 Paul de Vrieze posted <200409011331.24838.pauldv@g.o>, excerpted
2 below, on Wed, 01 Sep 2004 13:31:24 +0200:
3
4 > Also this is not supposed to be a legal document, more a guideline that
5 > clarifies what we see as gentoo, and what does not belong in gentoo
6 > anymore.
7
8 Good point.. which I'd lost sight of. All those pre-definitions, you
9 know... <g>
10
11 Still, you and I agree the wording needs a bit of a change, as I do
12 believe that we should attempt to be accurate within reason. If we are
13 going to have pre-definitions of that sort, we ought to make them /good/
14 ones!
18 "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
19 temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." --
20 Benjamin Franklin
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list