From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] glep 0042 (news) final draft
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 18:09:58
1 On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 05:20:06 +0000 Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | "* Portage must extend portageq to implement a command which
4 | returns whether or not the profile used for a given repository ID
5 | matches a certain base path (e.g. portageq profile_used
6 | default-linux/sparc/sparc64/2004.3 gentoo-x86)."
7 | Wording here is a bit unclear, I assume it's supposed to mean wether
8 | or not the (any) used profile belongs the the given repoid and is (a
9 | subprofile of) the given profile name. Using "path" here is dangerous,
10 | e.g. portageq profile_used base gentoo-x86.
11
12 Hm, that one needs clarifying. Do we even want it to be based upon
13 inherit path rather than filesystem path?
14
15 | As any substantial change results in a new news item should there be
16 | an optional "Obsoletes" header? Could be used to make sure people
17 | only see the most current version (without relying on rsync to wipe
18 | deleted files).
19
20 I'd really rather not. That makes writing clients a lot harder.
23 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Wearer of the shiny hat)
24 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
25 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm