From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The deal with epkgmove
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 16:03:11
1 Kurt Lieber wrote:
2
3 > CVS may not be the new, shiny kid on the block, but it's been very stable,
4 > presented few problems and, in general, has served us well over the past 5+
5 > years. Folks tend to point at the fancy bells and whistles that other
6 > VCS offer, but they don't always stop to consider the stability and
7 > scalability which are the most important characteristics by far.
8
9 I'd suggest having a look at git or mercurial, they are tested on a
10 quite big workload and they seems good enough for the task.
11
12 svn so far was good but I don't know which big projects had it deployed.
13
14 lu
18 Luca Barbato
19
20 Gentoo/linux Developer Gentoo/PPC Operational Leader
21 http://dev.gentoo.org/~lu_zero
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list