From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: Gentoo Python Project <python@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Reverted python3.4 defaults
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 16:42:45
1 On 20 July 2015 at 00:03, Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
2 > If there are no objections, I would like to enable python3.4 by
3 > default on Saturday, July 25. That means making the following change:
4 >
5 > profiles/base/make.defaults:
6 > PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_4"
7
8 I would like to note that we only have around 50 packages that require
9 python3, while the majority requires python2, and the remainder will
10 function with either. For this reason it seems to make more sense to
11 me to only set PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7" as default, and leave adding
12 any python3_* targets to the user. This will also debloat our stage3
13 tarballs.
16 Cheers,
17
18 Ben | yngwin