From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: ssuominen@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Anyone with access to genkernel repository? Or should genkernel be p.masked on amd64 profiles?
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 16:51:37
1 On Fri, 30 May 2014 19:26:38 +0300
2 Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > I'll give it 48 hours and then p.mask it.
5
6 Genkernel itself does work; so, there is no point to masking it.
7
8 > I won't be fixing it.
9
10 Someone else here can, but wait for someone like Pacho to look into the
11 activity of the current maintainers; there are people interested in
12 helping, so the small change can be fixed, documented or removed.
13
14 > Status quo can't stand, it's like shooting users to head by default.
15
16 XBMC is broken by default on Raspberry Pi, yet not a reason to mask it.
17
18 > I have no plans in inserting my name to genkernel's ChangeLog,
19 > and I've done my best to contact people (nobody cares)
20 >
21 > Only initramfs tool I care and can warmly recommend to anyone is
22 > dracut.
23
24 I do have such plans for my favorite initramfs tool which is genkernel.
27 With kind regards,
28
29 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
30 Gentoo Developer
31
32 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
33 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
34 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D