From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: flameeyes@×××××××××.eu
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Dropping slotted boost
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 19:24:39
1 On Tue, 30 Oct 2012 11:30:16 -0700
2 Diego Elio Pettenò <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu> wrote:
3
4 > Given the amount of headaches that Boost seems to give us all, now
5 > thanks to the recent changes even more because Gentoo's boost is
6 > different from all others and no upstream default check seem to work
7 > correctly with it, I'm questioning the usefulness of having it slotted.
8
9 Could you elaborate on that? I don't remember having problems with
10 boost.m4 or cmake's default checks unless I'm missing something which
11 is obvious to you.
12
13 > So given that it's a PITA for the maintainers, a PITA for the users,
14 > eselect boost has been shown to be a bad idea and so on ... can we just
17 How are you going to solve the issue of a lot of packages being broken
18 with new boost versions? Are you volunteering to keep fixing them with
19 each release?
22 Best regards,
23 Michał Górny