From: Jason Stubbs <jasonbstubbs@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Enemy Territory Strikes Back
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 12:36:37
1 On Wednesday 08 October 2003 21:22, Dhruba Bandopadhyay wrote:
2 > -- Will this licence check now serve as the default method of handling
3 > EULA's for future licenced games?
4
5 I'm wondering about this for all software. In my installation and upgrade of
6 Gentoo, I've never seen anything telling me that I have to accept X license
7 to use Y software. If there has been, it has been barely noticable.
8
9 I think that forcing users to accept licenses is a Good Thing. Once a license
10 is accepted it should not be reconfirmed for every piece of software that
11 falls under it, of course. However, I do think that at a minimum a banner
12 should be shown stating what license a piece of software falls under.
13
14 Regards,
15 Jason
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list