From: "Diego \\\"Flameeyes\\\" Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] PAM related: pam_console ?
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 14:28:17
1 On Thursday 31 March 2005 15:57, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > if pam_console is giving you a hard time on *BSD, then just use.mask it :P
3 > -mike
4 As I said is not a problem of bsd in this case. Just look at pam ebuild, is a
5 mess! it builds a static glib to be able to build pam_console, there's
6 conditional of all kinds...
7 Moving out pam_console (and the rest of optional pam modules, also) into
8 different ebuilds will make user ables to install what they need without
9 having a bloated ebuild with conditionals for everything.
10
11 This also allow to install/remove pam_console without need to recompile the
12 entire pam.
13
14 I still would like to see some problems deriving from the pam/pam_console
15 splitting.
18 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
19 http://wwwstud.dsi.unive.it/~dpetteno/