From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] PAM related: pam_console ?
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 21:43:32
1 On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 16:26 +0200, Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò wrote:
2 > On Thursday 31 March 2005 15:57, Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > > if pam_console is giving you a hard time on *BSD, then just use.mask it :P
4 > > -mike
5 > As I said is not a problem of bsd in this case. Just look at pam ebuild, is a
6 > mess!
7
8 Speak for youself - I think the ebuild is quite decent condition
9 thinking about what it does.
10
11 > it builds a static glib to be able to build pam_console, there's
12 > conditional of all kinds...
13 > Moving out pam_console (and the rest of optional pam modules, also) into
14 > different ebuilds will make user ables to install what they need without
15 > having a bloated ebuild with conditionals for everything.
18 Yeah sure, now its just another ebuild to test and update with each
19 version bump - if I wanted to be in the KDE herd, I would have joined
20 it.
21
22 > This also allow to install/remove pam_console without need to recompile the
23 > entire pam.
26 # rm -f /lib/security/pam_console.so
27
28 You need to rebuild gcc to have gcj - I do not see the issue.
29
30 > I still would like to see some problems deriving from the pam/pam_console
31 > splitting.
32
33 My fist down your yap. Seriously, it needs to die (like
34 pam_console_devfs*), and any user still wanting it, should get what he
35 asked for.
39 Martin Schlemmer
40 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
41 Cape Town, South Africa