From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Intent to help with #gentoo-dev voicing issues
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 21:04:22
1 On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 14:05:21 +0900
2 Chris White <chriswhite@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > > >>might I suggest not kicking #gentoo-dev visitors who ask for
5 > > >>voice to speak to the devs without a 'rtfm & go get a gentoo job'
6 > > >>smokescreen ?
7 >
8 > My intentions in this email were regarding the above worries about
9 > things. I plan to create somewhat of a consistant contact point
10 > between irc users that want a voice in dev. If anyone has
11 > disagreements, I'll be happy to hear them out and hopefully address
12 > them. My plan of interaction is as follows:
13
14 [snip]
15
16 Won't work. First it would introduce a single point of failure. If we'd
17 really follow this route there has to be a role for this, not a user.
18 Then how are people supposed to know about this in teh first place? I
19 wouldn't expect that users with a question/topic for -dev have read the
20 dev handbook. Often that is spontaneous, which brings me to my next
21 point: email definitely won't work for this, I mean if someone writes
22 an email they can just as well ask their question on the gentoo-dev
23 list directly.
24 And finally: I really don't like the idea of telling people "ask Chris
25 for voice, other devs might not behave nice", if there really is a
26 problem this will just sidestep it, not solve it.
27
28 Marius
33 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
34 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.