From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Ideas for a (fast) EAPI=3
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 12:35:23
1 On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 20:58:40 -0700
2 Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> wrote:
3 > You can't test everything. I think for a small project like exherbo
4 > where everyone basically sees eye to eye on a number of ideas this
5 > works great. Everyone agrees testing is super and they will fix
6 > broken tests or RESTRICT them. But Gentoo is bigger, and people have
7 > varying opinions, and on this topic the opinions are rather strong; so
8 > I kindly ask that you drop it. There are plenty of other far more
9 > useful features on your list that are worth your time and will
10 > actually slide through rather quickly ;)
11
12 Well, the alternative is to drop src_test all together. If a test
13 failure is meaningless, having the test is meaningless.
16 Ciaran McCreesh