From: Martin Vaeth <martin@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] Masterplan for solving LINGUAS problems
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2016 19:34:18
1 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > If more than 95% of ebuilds are broken, this proves that a concept is
4 > broken.
5 >
6 > Well, feel free to live in your fairy land.
7
8 I prefer to have at least 5% of the ebuilds working and the other
9 being fixable (if their maintainers want to spend the effort)
10 than to remove a concept which breaks also these 5% and turns
11 all ebuilds non-fixable, in principle.
12
13 > I'm not going to continue the discussion if you are so blinded by
14 > LINGUAS that you are even unable to understand what I'm talking about,
15 > and consistently mix the LINGUAS concept and INSTALL_MASK concept,
16
17 ...says the man who mixes this wildly in the first posting by
18 suggesting to recommend the user to not use LINGUAS and use
19 INSTALL_MASK *instead*; as a reply to my warning to not mix
20 these completely unrelated concepts.