From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] don't rely on dynamic deps
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 07:26:12
1 On 7/21/14, 11:52 PM, Alexander Berntsen wrote:
2 > Michał has documented the shortcomings of dynamic deps in our wiki[0].
3 > (Thank you!) This documentation also includes two of our possible
4 > solutions.
5 >
6 > [0] <https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Portage/Dynamic_dependencies>
7
8 Thank you, this is very useful. I didn't understand the issue much
9 before reading that page.
10
11 One question: why for "Removal of a USE flag along with the relevant
12 dependencies" dynamic deps say "revbump + unnecessary rebuild"? What
13 would happen without the revbump?
14
15 > 1. Improve dynamic-deps. This is, as Michał pointed out earlier in
16 > this thread a pipe dream.
17
18 Agreed.
19
20 > 2. Remove dynamic-deps. This is what I think currently makes sense.
21
22 +1 I also think it's the best option.
23
24 Paweł