From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] don't rely on dynamic deps
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 19:11:03
1 On 22/07/14 10:25, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." wrote:
2 > On 7/21/14, 11:52 PM, Alexander Berntsen wrote:
3 >> 2. Remove dynamic-deps. This is what I think currently makes sense.
4 > +1 I also think it's the best option.
8 Not before someone has implemented an alternative way to avoid useless
9 rebuilding.
10 The quality of the distribution doesn't improve by killing one of the
11 most important
12 features the package manager has.
13 The quality of the distribution improves by providing an alternative
14 with less problems.
15
16 Sounds like to me, that the people who want to remove the feature so
17 badly, are the
18 ones volunteering for the job as well.
19
20 - Samuli