From: Zach Forrest <diatribe@××××.ca>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new config files....
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2001 14:58:26
1 OK, so I'm a little lazy.
2
3 It might not be a bad idea to be able to type 'emerge --newconfigs' to
4 make things a little more elegant. Either that or include a script with
5 portage (see attachment). It may seem trivial for something so simple,
6 but I think hiding implementation details is just good practice. If, for
7 some reason (e.g. divine intervention), the naming of the config files
8 changed, users wouldn't be affected. They could still type 'emerge
9 --newconfigs' and do so with a smile.
10
11 Zach.
14 Mikael Hallendal wrote: