From: Jason Wever <weeve@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] net-www/apache testing request (marking stable anytime soon)
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 17:18:49
1 On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 18:43:13 +0200
2 Christian Parpart <trapni@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Of course, we did not wanna push nearly-everyones little blindly
5 > executed `emerge -uvD world` into hell. But everyone makes mistakes, so
6 > including me. sorry for that, though, we got almost every complain
7 > fixed already. That's why we're requesting for testing, for being sure,
8 > going stable won't shoot anyone into his foot again.
9
10 Are there any plans for a non-branded version of this new Apache
11 configuration? It seems a bit opposite of the goal to try to make Apache
12 more compliant with how it is provided upsteam to be putting in a branded
13 default front page.
14
15 Also if we're stuck with the branding, can we come up with a page that is
16 at least a little more professional looking or a little less like someone
17 trying to be witty?
18
19 Thanks,
20 --