From: Markus Ullmann <jokey@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Gentoo Graphical User Interfaces Project
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 19:46:12
1 >Hello,
2 >
3 >I take it you intend to use GTK. May I suggest you also provide ncurses
4 >interfaces to your programs? I'm not sure how much additional work that
5 >would be, as I don't program UIs. But an additional ncurses interface
6 >would provide users with the comfort of having the same tools available
7 >in case their Xorg fails for some reason, and on their X-less servers.
8
9 Erm, there is a big hint: patches welcome.
10 Ncurses has the disadvantage of being a bit "underdocumented".
11 So programming isn't that much fun, although when someone is willing to
12 start, help will be there for sure :)
13 Though we don't limit ourselves to one GUI. From what I've heard on IRC,
14 nobody declined a request for other toolkit(s) if other people help with it.
15
16 Greetz
17 -Jokey