From: Nick Devito <nick125@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Virtualization Herd
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 02:21:24
1 Generating root filesystems for UML and Xen are basically the same
2 process. I've heard of domi, but, bleh, I never could get it to work. I
3 usually just make my images in chroot, and that usually works well. But,
4 since the images are *basically* the same, that means it would be
5 possible to use the jailtime images, unless you are running on a 64-bit
6 arch. Then, in that case, least with gentoo, running a 64-bit kernel and
7 32-bit userland doesn't work for long (first glibc (re)compile, and the
8 whole thing borks out).