From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Prelinking
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 13:51:26
1 On Fri, 2002-01-11 at 12:17, Sebastian Werner wrote:
2 > This seems not to be the same...
3 >
4 > Jakub patch the kernel and the glibc (also the 2.2.4) so it is not
5 > included yet I think. The patch add the functionality to the kernel and
6 > the glibc... The complete created applications must be patch with a
7 > program named prelink. This seems to be compatible with not prelinked
8 > applications because the patches don't delete the old lines to handle
9 > elf-binaries - they extend them to different call of prelinked and not
10 > prelinked binaries...
11
12 Now that this feature is in binutils, the way to do this is to use the
13 binutils functionality, not Jakub's. Correct me if you hear otherwise.
16 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
17 Chief Architect/President http://www.gentoo.org
18 Gentoo Technologies, Inc.