From: Sebastian Pipping <webmaster@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] about a new app
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 16:00:15
1 Samuli Suominen wrote:
2 >> I am sorry for posting this question but I saw no other way (got really
3 >> confused). I am developping an application (a text editor) and I would
4 >> like to see it into Gentoo distro, but I can't really understand the way
5 >> that thing goes. I read the documentation about how to make an ebuild
6 >> file, but could not figured out how to submit it. Could you point me
7 >> some directions, please, even if it is another maillist.
8 >
9 > Please don't use HTML format when posting on mailinglist. New packages
10 > should be reported to http://bugs.gentoo.org and if I you want to write
11 > your own ebuild to attach in the bug, see http://devmanual.gentoo.org
12
13 Hello hiperon, thanks for asking.
14
15 Your project will probably become package "app-editors/cafe". From the
16 kind of application it would fit either (A) the main tree (in which case
17 bugs.gentoo.org is the place to go) or (B) the sunrise overlay (in which
18 case #gentoo-sunrise on Freenode will get you running and help with
19 ebuild _review_).
23 Sebastian