From: Matti Bickel <kabel@××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: AT emerge info cruft > attachments on bugs.g.o
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 22:06:38
1 Thomas Cort <tcort@g.o> wrote:
2 > Why do arch testers need to post `emerge --info` if everything works?
3 > Shouldn't we be able to trust that they have sane CFLAGS, proper
4 > FEATURES, and an up to date system?
5
6 Once there was the idea of putting AT testing system specs somewhere, so arch
7 devs could actually see what we're running. Is this still needed or is the
8 number of ATs small enough to keep that in head-RAM?
9
10 Anyways, I agree that posting emerge --info to a highly frequented stable bug
11 is annoying and should be abolished.
12 --
13 MfG, Matti Bickel
14 Homepage: http://www.rateu.de