From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-kernel] Proper distribution integration of kernel *-sources, patches and configuration.
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 18:39:38
1 On 1 July 2013 19:17, Greg KH <gregkh@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > greg "stick to the vanilla-sources" k-h
6 Before these changes were introduced, the gentoo-sources and
7 vanilla-sources were quite similar in the sense that genpatches used
8 to contain
9 patches already in Linus' tree. However, given that gentoo-sources
10 will become heavily patched by external 3rd-party patches, it might
11 makes more
12 sense to recommend vanilla-sources to our users (handbook, etc).
13 I certainly don't feel safe anymore running non-upstream code in
14 production boxes.
17 Regards,
18 Markos Chandras - Gentoo Linux Developer
19 http://dev.gentoo.org/~hwoarang