From: Jon Nelson <jnelson@×××××××.net>
To: mike <vapier@×××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] --disable-debug, my friend...--disable-debug
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 21:22:19
1 On Mon, 16 Sep 2002 21:23:09 -0400
2 "mike" <vapier@×××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > anytime you come across something that doesnt disable debug
5 > and in fact has the option feel free to post something to the
6 > list and bugs.gentoo.org ... i usually try to sed out -g and such
7 > from Makefiles when making ebuild's
8
9 However, that is inappropriate. That is what the debug use flag is for.
10 I personally feel that the default should be to build with debug symbols
11 on (but not profiling), but I also believe that for Gentoo (performance
12 oriented), the best default would be for the 'debug' use flag to be
13 turned off. In fact, I consider it a bug if an ebuild does *not* allow
14 for a debug-enabled build to be built.
18 Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth.
19
20 Jon Nelson <jnelson@×××××××.net>
21 C and Python Code Gardener