From: Lisa Seelye <lisa@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: lisa@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Should significant changes to arch be posted to -announce mail list?
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 18:34:08
1 On Fri, 2004-09-03 at 12:14, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 12:09:55 -0400 Lisa Seelye <lisa@g.o> wrote:
3 > | I think they should. Having new blockers come up on an arch box when
4 > | attempting to update is a little worrysome. Or having a new way of
5 > | doing things (such as the inevitable move to udev in lieu of devfs).
6 > |
7 > | The things that I would hope to see in such an announcement would be a
8 > | suitable upgrade path, reason for change, and a link to gentoo-dev
9 > | discussion if available.
10 >
11 > For sparc and mips, announcements (and often pre-announcements) are sent
12 > to the gentoo-sparc/gentoo-mips lists. I'd imagine most other archs do
13 > the same.
14
15 Fair enough. I didn't see any x86 (or any other arch) announce list so
16 I figured I'd get the ball rolling.
19 Regards,
20 Lisa Seelye
21 Key fingerprint = 09CF 52D6 B82B 72B9 97A7 601B CB46 B556 1E49 6FC5