From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Should significant changes to arch be posted to -announce mail list?
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 16:17:33
1 On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 12:09:55 -0400 Lisa Seelye <lisa@g.o> wrote:
2 | I think they should. Having new blockers come up on an arch box when
3 | attempting to update is a little worrysome. Or having a new way of
4 | doing things (such as the inevitable move to udev in lieu of devfs).
5 |
6 | The things that I would hope to see in such an announcement would be a
7 | suitable upgrade path, reason for change, and a link to gentoo-dev
8 | discussion if available.
9
10 For sparc and mips, announcements (and often pre-announcements) are sent
11 to the gentoo-sparc/gentoo-mips lists. I'd imagine most other archs do
12 the same.
15 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Sparc, MIPS, Vim, Fluxbox)
16 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
17 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm