From: Gordon Pettey <petteyg359@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] repo/gentoo:master commit in: eclass/
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2019 14:05:09
1 On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 8:15 AM Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > On 2019-09-05 06:02, Michał Górny wrote:
4 > >> In my case I am working on a new mysql eclass to outsource pkg_config
5 > >> function which is shared at least between dev-db/mysql and
6 > >> dev-db/percona-server (and maybe dev-db/mariadb).
7 > >>
8 > >> For this new eclass I would say it's a "per-package" eclass and would
9 > >> probably have skipped mailing list review, too.
10 > >
11 > > Everyone can skip as many paragraphs as they want, and then apply what's
12 > > said later to something said way earlier.
13 >
14 > Could you please stop adding any bad interpretation?
15 >
16 > That was a serious question. For you, it's pretty clear. I am showing
17 > you, that for me, it isn't pretty clear. When you believe I skipped
18 > important lines in my quote please outline what I have missed and I will
19 > take the blame.
22 You'll note the bit you quoted in defense of skipping review says
23 "changes", and the bit about new eclasses says "do not skip this step".