From: Kim Nielsen <kn@××××××××××.dk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Bugs Bugs Bugs & Unstablity
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 03:13:42
1 On Wed, 2002-07-24 at 00:53, Doug Goldstein wrote:
2 >
3 > Here's a couple things I'd like to see our users do as far as bugs
4 > 1) Fill out bug reports @ http://bugs.gentoo.org
5 > 2) Provide us with all the necessary details... for example... if you
6 > just tell me that libfoo's latest ebuild doesn't compile for you. That
7 > is definetly not enough detail. Provide the FULL version including our
8 > ebuild revision, such as libfoo-1.0.1-r1.ebuild is what we'd like to see.
9 > 3) You NEED to tell us which version compiler you are using.
10 > 4) You need to tell us your USE flags and your CFLAGS
11 > 5) Provide us with a copy and paste of the exact error message.
12 > 6) Any other data you feel might be revelant.
15 Excuse me for sounding a bit grumpy .. but every time I add something
16 new in bugzilla its stays in bugzilla and no one is using or looking at
17 it (I submitted a bugfix to the gentoo security guide more than one
18 month ago). This is how it works with documentation.
19
20 So problems are resolved in the same tempo as with documentation, I can
21 understand why someone with problems compiling a package prefers to mail
22 it to the list instead of filling out a bug report.
23
24 /Kim