From: Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New global USE flag: keyring
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 17:36:05
1 Le dimanche 20 avril 2008 à 20:25 +0300, Alon Bar-Lev a écrit :
2 > On 4/20/08, Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o> wrote:
3 > > for what it's worth, as a gnome dev I didn't see any convincing
4 > > arguments as to why it should be renamed. Gnome makes things optional
5 > > for other to reuse (like xfce) but afaik no other "keyring" like
6 > > programs are optional deps of another package in portage. Let's not cast
7 > > a simple change into breakage for users already using it (even in
8 > > stable, and yes I'm lazy :D).
9 >
10 > Lazy is the word.
11 > I cannot argue with this one, I just know that it won't be the gnome
12 > herd who do the work when the time come to fix this (resolve
13 > conflict).
14 > The gnome herd will re-introduce the lazy ticket, and make other herd
15 > use yet another confusing USE flag.
16 > This is not the right way to maintain long term constants.
17
18 failure, you tried to argue ;)
19
20 > You asked for objections... You got some.
21 >
22 > You can leave this local USE flag, and stay with generic term.
23 > Or you can rename it when it goes global so it have proper name.
24 > You can also ignore this and force gnome onto all users.
25
26 Seriously though, when I find stuff to fix, I try to fix it. I just
27 don't see anything to fix right now.
30 Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
31 Gentoo