From: Sebastian Pipping <webmaster@××××××××.org>
To: PackageKit users and developers list <packagekit@×××××××××××××××××.org>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [packagekit] [gentoo-dev] Inviting you to project "PackageMap"
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 19:03:16
1 Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > I mean making metadata.xml the authoritative source for mapping CPE to
3 > Gentoo packages. I don't want to see the situation when adding new
4 > packages to the tree would need some mapping being done in an external
5 > web service.
6
7 Well, it's a nothing more than git commit and push once you
8 sent me your public SSH key :-D
9
10 One of the stronger points for collaborating at the source is that
11 poeple who are not Gentoo devs (yet) and therefore have no write access
12 to the Gentoo tree can still extend and fix the Gentoo packagemap
13 entries. Doing it downstream would hurt the whole project
14 in several ways.
19 Sebastian