From: George Shapovalov <georges@×××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] FAQ
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 16:16:15
1 Hi
2
3 Good to see people wishing to spend their time on docs :-), no really!
4 Originally I was thinking in terms of individual submissions to bugzilla
5 listing that or other question which should be included in FAQ.
6 However since there seems to be quite a few people interested in getting
7 this done I suppose some coordination can help.
8
9 Hereby I announce a call for FAQ submissions.
10 Shortly I will submit a bug to bugs.gentoo.org and announce its number
11 here. Bugzilla is a nice place to collect independent submissions IMHO, as
12 it provides a minimalistic forum-like functionality. Please submit your
13 Qs&As there. Somebogy, who will volonteer will combine the
14 question into single <xml> file and will [try to] keep it up to date with
15 new submissions (quite likely that would be me,
16 unless somebody has an itch for editorial work :-). I willl wait few days and
17 then assume this role if there are no volonteers). Regular builds of this
18 file (2-3 day period in the beginning makes sense) will get attached to the
19 same bug for an easy incorporation into existing documents.
20
21 George