From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 42 "Critical News Reporting" Round Two
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 18:14:51
1 On Fri, 2005-11-18 at 23:44 +0000, Stuart Herbert wrote:
2 > > this, then I change my opinion on supporting this proposal, as I surely
3 > > don't give a damn about some dev meet in the UK that I would never be
4 > > able to attend and *definitely* don't want that *shoved* down my throat
5 > > by the tree.
6 >
7 > That's twice now you've had a pop at the UK meetings in this thread. If
8 > there's some problem with the meetings that you'd like to get off your
9 > chest, you could take it up with me on IRC or any of the other UK devs.
10
11 Huh?
12
13 I was using it as an example of something that I would not be interested
14 in seeing in *my* tree since I wouldn't ever be able to attend. What
15 did you think I meant by it. Did I at any point say that the UK dev
16 meets are a bad thing?
17
18 > The events I've been involved in organising have been events for users,
19 > and they've always been put together by both developers and users. I
20 > believe that some of our users *are* interested in exactly this type of
21 > news - and, from the enquiries I've had in the past, not just UK-based
22 > people.
23
24 Not in the tree. There is already a place for this stuff.
25
26 > Maybe we should add the ability to filter news based on some sort of
27 > geographical setting too? That'd be a reasonable thing to add to the
28 > GLEP I think.
29
30 It really sounds like you are wanting to make this proposal way too
31 complex, but I'll wait for the actual GLEP text before making any more
32 comments.
35 Chris Gianelloni
36 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
37 x86 Architecture Team