From: Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ROX: maintainer-wanted and apps out of date
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:58:27
1 On Monday 12 September 2005 02:25, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > If you're not up for having your code reviewed, don't contribute to an
3 > open source project. No-one expects you to produce perfect code
4 > straight off (at least, we don't until we give you commit access). We
5 > *do* expect you to be prepared to respond to constructive criticism and
6 > improve your code.
7
8 Personally I think you're just going a bit wild by closing the bug reports as
9 wont fix and expecting users to fix them. That's part of developers job, if
10 someone takes into account adding an ebuild to the official tree, isn't it?!
11 While I can understand your motivation, I'd like to know if your doing is
12 backed up by at least an informal decision (didn't follow the threads which
13 resulted in the maintainer* aliases, etc.), because we have enough whining
14 guys, who don't understand that our ressources are limited. Caring for the
15 quality of stuff, that is not part of the official tree is only bad PR, but
16 not a win for us, imho.
19 Carsten