From: Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Local workarounds with no reported bugs
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 13:10:44
1 My biggest ​opinion regarding workarounds and bugs, is that we're sweeping
2 things under the rug that should at least be documented, and perhaps
3 fixed...or even punted upstream if its serious enough.
4
5 Changing the status quo may require some adjustment though, but I suppose
6 we could start by openly documenting a bug if we find a workaround that
7 does not already have a bug number associated with it. I've seen several
8 ebuilds where workarounds are applied, but the workaround also has a bug
9 number in the comment.