From: "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Antwort: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo could become certified for IBM Server Hardware
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 14:38:58
1 Gentoo pre-loaded? Isn't that a contradiction in terms?
2
3 <ducking>
4
5 Seriously though, I too work with xSeries, as well as IBM desktops, and
6 I've loaded Debian, Gentoo and half a dozen other distros on them
7 without incident, as well as pre-Fedora Red Hat and RHEL clones. Left to
8 my own devices (pun intended) I run Gentoo.
9
10 Brett Curtis wrote:
11
12 >This sounds great, I run six different types of xseries at work all
13 >with gentoo. Never had any issues besides lm_sensors threatening to
14 >cook my mobos ;)
15 >
16 >What exactly would this do for me as a ibm-gentoo user? Is this more
17 >or less I can, if this goes through, buy a ibm with gentoo pre-loaded?
18 >
19 >Thanks
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list