From: Davide Pesavento <pesa@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: qa@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: useflag policies
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2015 20:08:42
1 On Sun, Aug 9, 2015 at 12:38 PM, Sergey Popov <pinkbyte@g.o> wrote:
2 > <qa team lead hat>
3 >
4 > In short - apropriate REQUIRED_USE with setting recommended
5 > USE-flag(e.g. USE="+qt4 qt5" or USE="qt4 +qt5")
6 >
7 > </qa team lead hat>
8 >
9 > That's most painless decision for both developers and users. Developers
10 > do not need to maintain ugly dependencies like
11 >
12 > DEPEND="qt4 ? (
13 > qt5 ( dev-qt/qtcore:5 )
14 > !qt5 ( dev-qt/qtcore:4 )
15 > )
16 > ...
17 > "
18 > and other mess.
19 >
20 > </qa team lead hat>
21 >
22 > Users will have default behaviour for empty make.conf. If they adjust
23 > they make.conf to globally include/exclude some Qt-related USEs - they
24 > are already moving from default and that's why - they can add apropriate
25 > options to package.use
28 Sergey,
29
30 It seems you completely ignored the discussion that took place in this
31 thread (and I also think you misunderstood the scenario judging from
32 the example you gave). Therefore I'm sorry but I will ignore your
33 opinion as QA team lead.
34
35 Thanks,
36 Davide