From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GCC USE flag changes
Date: Wed, 01 May 2013 03:29:25
1 On 05/01/2013 11:25 AM, Ryan Hill wrote:
2 > Since people like to start whinging threads every time we have to change flags
3 > on gcc this is a friendly notice of some upcoming changes.
4 >
5 [snip lots of good ideas]
6 >
7 > Any thoughts?
8
9 I'm in favour of unleashing 4.8 in ~arch soon - I've been building
10 "everything" with it for a while, I've reached >50% coverage of all
11 packages on amd64, and the amount of new bugs is about the same as still
12 open bugs for 4.7.
13
14 All in all it's a very benign release that (imo) doesn't need to be held
15 back.