From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for March
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 18:51:31
1 On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 09:02:09 +0000
2 Sébastien Fabbro <bicatali@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > We have contacted some talented ebuild submitters who neither want to
5 > spend the time nor feel the responsibility of a full dev.
6
7 Maybe we should try to solve that problem instead of making our
8 hierarchy even more complex.
9 What exact time constraints and responsibilities are people afraid of?
10 Are those concerns real or just myths?
11
12 > A formal proxy-maintainer could really help in our sometimes blind
13 > maintaining duties.
14
15 What would be the difference between a "formal proxy-maintainer" and
16 how we handle it currently?
17
18 Marius
19 --