From: Stephen Bennett <spb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Some council topics for March meeting
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 10:52:07
1 On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 20:46:35 -0700
2 "Daniel Robbins" <drobbins.daniel@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > To co-lead a Gentoo project? You need to be a dev to do that. I
5 > couldn't join any projects even as a member until I became a dev, and
6 > I created the distro. You are effectively co-leading (likely leading)
7 > PMS as a non-dev - worse than that, as someone who has been explicitly
8 > removed from a dev role.
9
10 He's not leading it. He's writing parts of it under my lead, despite
11 the fact that he's probably better qualified technically than I am to
12 lead it.
13
14 > Again, you're not just submitting a patch but architecting the
15 > strategic direction for package manager interoperability which has
16 > strategic implications for Gentoo, and is more than just a
17 > user-submitted "contribution."
18
19 Nope. He's documenting the existing situation for package manager
20 interoperability. Wherever PMS goes against existing practise it's been
21 discussed either on -dev or with the portage developers past and
22 present. Again, he's not influencing future direction this way.
23 --
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list