From: Brent Cook <busterb@×××××××××××.edu>
To: Gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] qpkg
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 11:53:07
1 I liked it too. Very useful for finding duplicate packages. Your bash
2 style was also enlightening for me. I had no clue how to use colors until
3 then.
4
5 Perhaps, though, qpkg should not flag major revisions as duplicates. For
6 instance, qpkg flags the following packages as duplicates:
7
8 x11-libs/qt-2.3.1
9 x11-libs/qt-3.0.1
10 media-libs/freetype-2.0.5-r1
11 media-libs/freetype-1.3.1-r3
12 sys-devel/automake-1.4_p5
13 sys-devel/automake-1.4-r2
14
15 The first two sets are not duplicates because they are incompatible major
16 versions. The dbm libraries also have this issue (there are three major
17 versions in common use, though I'm not sure what's included with gentoo.)
18 I have no idea what to do about the last set - it's not possible to tell
19 by the name which is more recent (I'm not sure how I got into this
20 situation either!)
21
22 - Brent
23