From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: games-rpg/nwn-shadowlordsdreamcatcherdemon
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2017 16:06:01
1 On Sat, 9 Sep 2017 03:56:38 +1200
2 Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o> wrote:
3 > > >> Sir, please see my above comment about building ballistic
4 > > >> missiles. It may be important for the Gentoo Foundation to add a
5 > > >> disclaimer similar to the one I mentioned. I would hate for the
6 > > >> Foundation or any of its administrators or contributors to be
7 > > >> found guilty of aiding and abetting terrorists.
8 > > >
9 > > > Yeah. Stop trolling, please.
10 > > >
11 > >
12 > > I am being completely serious. You can find such a clause in the
13 > > iTunes license.
14 > >
15 > > If it seems ridiculous please reconsider the subject in question.
16 >
17 > I'm not sure how enforceable that clause is as a License.
18
19 Until recently, there was a clause in the Nauty licence prohibiting use
20 in "military applications". This was sufficient for the highly paid
21 lawyers who looked at it to recommend not redistributing Nauty as part
22 of the GAP computer algebra system, because computer algebra could
23 conceivably be used for blowing stuff up.
26 Ciaran McCreesh