From: Sam Jorna <wraeth@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Auto adding packages to world was -> Sets vs Meta ebuilds
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 15:03:19
1 On 13/07/17 00:19, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
2 > It is YOUR comments that are funny, and going in a circular argument
3 > just to be argumentative and bringing nothing useful to the discussion.
4 > Which should be over now that bugs are filed....
5
6 I'm not trying to be argumentative or antagonistic, I'm trying to
7 understand how your replacement warning differs from what's already
8 available and adds value.
9
10 >> '--depclean foo' is the user removing something they /are/ aware of
11 >> *if it's not a dependency*.
12 >
13 > That does not work the same. It will not remove a package from world.
14
15 $ grep apg /var/lib/portage/world
16 app-admin/apg
17
18 $ emerge -C apg
19 * This action can remove important packages! In order to be safer, use
20 * `emerge -pv --depclean <atom>` to check for reverse dependencies before
21 * removing packages.
22 <snip>
23 >>> Unmerging in: 5 4 3 2 1
24 >>> Unmerging (1 of 1) app-admin/apg-2.3.0b-r5...
25
26 ...
27
28 $ grep apg /var/lib/portage/world
29 app-admin/apg
30
31 $ emerge -c apg
32
33 Calculating dependencies... done!
34 >>> Calculating removal order...
35 <snip>
36 >>> Unmerging in: 5 4 3 2 1
37 >>> Unmerging (1 of 1) app-admin/apg-2.3.0b-r5...
38
39 > Clearly you are having a hard time grasping this very simple concept.
40 > I am done, reply if you like, but this thread is serious noise now...
41
42 Clearly, hence why I was trying to understand what difference your
43 proposal offered. But since we're moving on to serious things now, I
44 guess I /am/ done with this thread.
47 Sam Jorna (wraeth) <wraeth@g.o>
48 GnuPG Key: D6180C26