From: Pete Gavin <pete@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new guides
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 16:13:18
1 On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 12:28:15AM -0600, Daniel Robbins wrote:
2 >
3 > Well, pkgmerge, ebuild and emerge are in python right now too. I don't have a problem
4 > if people want to start converting the more stable code to C++. A good start would be
5 > env-update and the .tbz2 functions (/usr/lib/python2.0/xpak.py). Since we're moving to
6 > an object framework, I think that C++ would be a better fit than C.
9 I'm a pretty decent c++ hacker, I could probably help w/ this, but
10 I'll need to look at the python extension docs. I also thought it
11 would be really cool to make a portage manager for X using the python
12 gtk+ bindings. I think it would be best to use python for this, since
13 pretty much everything that it would need to do is already written, it
14 only needs the interface to be written. It would also be alot simpler
15 than writing it in C and imbedding python :)
16
17 Pete