From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Forced/automatic USE flag constraints (codename: ENFORCED_USE)
Date: Tue, 30 May 2017 08:05:54
1 >>>>> On Tue, 30 May 2017, Alexis Ballier wrote:
2
3 > On Tue, 30 May 2017 00:01:16 +0200
4 > Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
5
6 >> Also, can we find a better name? Sorry for the bikeshedding at this
7 >> early stage, but I believe that ENFORCED_USE can be easily confused
8 >> with use.force in profiles. MAPPED_USE? USE_MAP?
9
10 > Why do we even need a new name ?
11
12 This was under the assumption that we would somewhat restrict the
13 syntax.
14
15 Sure, if someone comes up with an algorithm that will give a unique
16 and predictable solution with current REQUIRED_USE syntax then we can
17 keep the old name.
18
19 Ulrich