From: Dan Meltzer <parallelgrapefruit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: how to contribute to use/slot deps: was Re: [gentoo-dev] Multiple Repo Support
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 18:03:36
1 On 12/24/05, Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 23:56:37 -0800 Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
3 > wrote:
4 > | It's really pretty simple- get off your butt and chip in if you want
5 > | it, else you're on _our_ timeline (eg, we implement it when we deem
6 > | it sane/ready to go).
7 >
8 > Is Portage development done to support the needs of those of us who
9 > provide the tree, or is the tree expected to be restricted to whatever
10 > Portage developers feel like implementing?
11
12 I'd say the latter.
13
14 The tree is restricted to what is implemented in portage, and as it is
15 a volunteer organization, what is implemented is what the portage
16 dev's feel like implementing.
17
18 If you want more to be implemented, submit patches.
19 >
20 > --
21 > Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (I can kill you with my brain)
22 > Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
23 > Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list