From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: formally allow qa to suspend commit rights
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 01:24:37
1 On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 9:02 PM, William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > All,
4 >
5 > I would like to bring back for discussion an old patch to glep 48 [1]
6 > which was suggested by Jorge [2].
7 >
8 > That patch evolved into this one [3], and in the council meeting back
9 > then [4], parts of it made their way into glep 48, but the rest seemed to
10 > be forgotten.
11 >
12 > Attached you will find an updated version of this patch taking into
13 > account the current version of glep 48.
14 >
15 > This is nothing new; the qa team has requested that commit rights be
16 > suspended before. I am just proposing that we actually add the parts of
17 > the old patch to the glep that spell out when and how this can happen.
18 >
19 > Thoughts?
22 We almost never suspend commit rights. I'm not really finding a situation
23 where this is necessary. Certainly not in the streamlined fashion proposed
24 here.
25
26 -A
31 > William