From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal for changes for the next EAPI version
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 11:29:56
1 On Tue, 17 May 2016 07:26:03 -0400
2 Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o> wrote:
3 > We already have "emerge --config" which is expected to be run after
4 > the install process has completed, so I don't think that this is too
5 > much of a stretch. Maybe call the phase "pkg_test" analogous to
6 > "pkg_config" and in contrast to "src_test" which runs within the
7 > working directory. Then "emerge --test" could run it.
8
9 For various technical reasons to do with the spec and package manglers
10 sometimes using phase function names with the src_ or pkg_ stripped
11 off, calling it that would be a huge pain.
14 Ciaran McCreesh