From: "Bryan Østergaard" <kloeri@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [ANN] Multiple version suffixes illegal in gentoo-x86
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 19:57:57
1 On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 03:49:44PM -0400, Doug Goldstein wrote:
2 > Stephen Bennett wrote:
3 > > On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 15:16:38 -0400
4 > > Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o> wrote:
7 > >> So apparently as little as 1 council member can make a decision and it
8 > >> be binding unless appealed to the entire council at the next meeting.
9 > >>
10 > >
11 > > There were three council members who happened to be around at the time,
12 > > and those three agreed unanimously. That seems reasonable to me for an
13 > > interim decision.
14 > >
15 > Is it that serious of an issue that it needed to be done as such and
16 > could not wait for a regular council meeting?
17 >
18 > Granted I understand it's important for you paludis users since paludis
19 > doesn't support that.
20 > But I'm talking about real Gentoo users that use Portage.
21 >
22 > I think we are setting a VERY dangerous precedent by allowing a subset
23 > of council members to make decisions as a whole if they decide to make a
24 > decision outside of a normal session.
25 >
26 > Who were the 3?
27 Already stated in another reply on this thread but the three council
28 members were robbat2, kugelfang and myself.
29
30 Regards,
31 Bryan Østergaard
32 --