From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [ANN] Multiple version suffixes illegal in gentoo-x86
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 20:07:44
1 Bryan Østergaard wrote:
2 > On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 03:49:44PM -0400, Doug Goldstein wrote:
3 >
4 >> Stephen Bennett wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 15:16:38 -0400
7 >>> Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o> wrote:
8 >>>
9 >>>
10 >>>
11 >>>> So apparently as little as 1 council member can make a decision and it
12 >>>> be binding unless appealed to the entire council at the next meeting.
13 >>>>
14 >>>>
15 >>> There were three council members who happened to be around at the time,
16 >>> and those three agreed unanimously. That seems reasonable to me for an
17 >>> interim decision.
18 >>>
19 >>>
20 >> Is it that serious of an issue that it needed to be done as such and
21 >> could not wait for a regular council meeting?
22 >>
23 >> Granted I understand it's important for you paludis users since paludis
24 >> doesn't support that.
25 >> But I'm talking about real Gentoo users that use Portage.
26 >>
27 >> I think we are setting a VERY dangerous precedent by allowing a subset
28 >> of council members to make decisions as a whole if they decide to make a
29 >> decision outside of a normal session.
30 >>
31 >> Who were the 3?
32 >>
33 > Already stated in another reply on this thread but the three council
34 > members were robbat2, kugelfang and myself.
35 >
36 > Regards,
37 > Bryan Østergaard
38 >
39 Bryan,
40
41 You and Danny have clearly shown your bias towards paludis take over and
42 support of Gentoo. It's fairly poor taste to FORCE this through during a
43 non-regular meeting for something that paludis is lacking.
44
45 It's AMAZING how fast you guys are to clamor and fix what you call a QA
46 issue and other problems when we've had issues highlighted for years
47 that the council can't move on. But once it's a possible issue with
48 paludis you guys are quick to respond.
49
50 Very poor taste....
51 --
52 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list