From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New eclass: autotools-multilib-minimal
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 16:42:40
1 On 02/24/2013 05:22 PM, Alexis Ballier wrote:
2 > On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 01:34:47 +0100
3 > hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Some people seem to feel uncomfortable with autotools-multilib,
6 >> because it depends on autotools-utils.
7 >
8 > To be honest, I don't particularly like autotools-utils, I tend to
9 > consider it a useless bloat. However, Michal's work on
10 > autotools-multilib is IMHO the right thing to do: If you use the
11 > autotools-utils syntax then it's trivial to support multilib without
12 > useless duplication of code.
13 > I still believe such an eclass as the one you propose is useful, except
14 > it's not for autotools (at best temporary for broken autotools based
15 > build systems): For example, I have no clue how to do multilib with
16 > waf-based build systems without going the 'copy $S and run the usual
17 > src_* phases in each directory for each ABI', which is what your eclass
18 > is abstracting I think.
19 >
20 > A.
23 I have no idea if it makes sense for this package (since it also
24 installs binaries), but as an example I have converted dev-libs/serd.
25
26 And yes, a rename of the eclass would probably be appropriate.

serd-0.18.2.ebuild.diff text/plain